Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home Made Playdough

This morning I wanted to do a fun project with Keegan.  I thought it would be fun to make Keegan a batch of playdough. But with two active boys, it can be hard to stand at the stove waiting for it to cook. After a short search online, I found a great no cook recipe. It took less than 5 minutes to make the playdough and for it to cool enough to play with. I was done before Keegan finished his corn dog.  I ended up cutting the recipe in half and still came up with a good chunk of playdough. And my stash of cookie cutters for cake decorating came in very hand too.

Ingredients:




3 cups boiling water
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
1 1/2 TBS vegetable oil
3 tsp cream of tartar

Directions:

Mix all ingredients except for the flour in a large bowl. Once well mixed, add flour. Stir continuously until the dough mix leaves the sides of the bowl. Once well blended, remove from bowl and knead on floured board. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.



 
I put it together in my kitchenaid with the dough hook. Keegan was playing with it as soon as it hit the table. I gave him two cutting boards. One to work the dough on and the other to put his cut outs. He's still having a great time.
 
This half batch of dough just fits in a 3 cup container.
 



0 comments: