This recipe is just a flat out share of one I saw on pinterest. S'mores are one of my all time favorites desserts. This recipe is so easy that I had to stop keeping the items to make it in my pantry.
The bottom and top layers are a soft shortbread made with crushed graham crackers. The middle is just 2 giant hershey bars and a jar of marshmallow fluff.
Incredibly easy and incredibly addictive.
The original post is on this Blog.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.